uCMDB 7.5 federation to SM7.10 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uCMDB 7.5 federation to SM7.10 question

I've posted this on the official forums, but posting it below as well. If anyone can help, please do

I have federation working between these two products. uCMDB pushes 'Windows' Hosts into the SM7 CMDB correctly. I'm now trying to get relationships federated and have run stuck.

I'm looking at the out of the box query called 'businessServiceRelationsData'. In the smSyncConfFile.xml, it points to the 'logical_relations.xslt' file. This file has a value of '<xsl:template match="/relation"> and fields of @parentID, @childID, @friendlyType. My problem is I cannot work out where the system is getting those field values from. In the Host example, I'm using a template match of 'nt', which links to the 'nt' (Windows) device type and uses all those fields. However, I cannot find in the system anywhere a type called 'relation'. Can you anyone explain to me what the system is looking at here, and how I can modify the values of @childID etc?

The documentation doesn't mention anything about this, from what I can tell. It does cover the federation and how to add new types etc, but nothing to do with relatinships.

The uCMDB XSLT is a mapping required to consume the SM7 WSDL for the uCMDB Federation.

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve.

Are you introducing a new type all together? or putting in a new relationship type?

Comment

Originally posted by rdg View Post
      The uCMDB XSLT is a mapping required to consume the SM7 WSDL for the uCMDB Federation.

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve.

Are you introducing a new type all together? or putting in a new relationship type?
      I'm using an existing out of the box mapping, which does the relationships for BusinessServices. I just can't work out what it's calling with a template name of 'relation' and where it's getting it's field values from. The federation works as is, but I need to change it. Without knowing where it's pulling those values from, I can't.

Comment

I have been trying to do the same and wanted to find out if you had the solution to it.

What I have done is to create a logical relationship between the business services and Hosts CIs, then tweak the BusinessRelationsData TQL to result in more than 0 counts of CI.

This way, I was able to export some CIs and relationships to SM7 but still think it's missing something unless I am wrong.

Please save your original TQL with another name and use that for testing.

Comment

Working...
        X